by Preeti Narayan
We all do our best to teach our teens how to win. But teaching children how to handle failure and setback is equally important. Whether it’s failing in test, or losing in dance competition or sports,…
We all do our best to teach our teens how to win. But teaching children how to handle failure and setback is equally important.
Whether it’s failing in test, or losing in dance competition or sports, failure can be painful for children.
During such situations, what can you do to help your teenage son or daughter?
In Success Mindware – Total self development program for children, we show many practical techniques to achieve success and also teach children what to do when things go wrong. Well for now, here are 5 simple actions that you can take to help your teens face failure or setback better:
1. Be supportive and comfort your children. When they seem to be in better mood, sit and talk with them about it. Let them express their feelings without criticizing their thoughts or opinions. This will offer emotional comfort to your teen.
2. Praise your teen’s effort. Do your best to explain to your son or daughter that trying is more important than winning. This kind of supportive attitude will help to calm your children’s troubled mind.
3. Tell your teenage son or daughter that there is always next time. Encourage your children to try and achieve their goal again.
4. Label failure as a ‘Learning process’ and tell your children that it will only help them grow wiser. Encourage your teens to analyze what went wrong and how they can do better next time. This kind of attitude makes children mentally stronger.
5. Show your faith in your teen. Tell your children that you know they are smart and talented, that they can easily do better next time. Parent’s faith in children goes a long way in helping them perform better in life. For more practical parenting tips and help, you can download a popular ebook called “Positive Parenting: Make Your Children Winners” from www.mindpowerguide.biz
With love, support and timely actionsFeature Articles, you can help your children beat failure and become confident winners.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Want to make success easy for your teenager? Download free ‘Positive Parenting’ ebook and Success Training manual for children written by Preeti Narayan, who is an educational expert and co-author of ‘Success Mindware’ an All-in-One self development course for children at http://www.mindpowerguide.biz.