by Online Auto Insurance Broker
In recent years the internet has been helping teenagers and their parents in finding and purchasing affordable coverage. This is in spite of the fact that most of the insurers consider young motorist …
In recent years the internet has been helping teenagers and their parents in finding and purchasing affordable coverage. This is in spite of the fact that most of the insurers consider young motorist as high risk drivers but premium vary from each company and therefore websites can help to lower cost by informing consumers due to the resources that are available online.
There are websites that not only help teens and parents in finding policies but also consider it important to make its clients aware of some of the most important issues regarding a policy and a better understanding of what insurers look at to help them buy insurance online at a reasonable rate.
Why are insurance rates higher for teens?
“Young drivers as a group are involved in more number of accidents than that of drivers of any other age group”, this is the report of the National Safety Council that tracks such issues. Moreover, even individually, the incidents of ticketing, accidents, violation of traffic rules, reckless & drunk driving, etc. are committed more by young people than individuals belonging to a higher age group.
To make the matter worse, issues like lack of experience, higher accident statistics and more costly accidents resulting in higher claims have been committed mostly by those under 25.
All these issues together result in increased rate of premiums for young motorists. However, internet can help assist in reducing the cost of premium and provide information on how to do so. Some of the suggestions to find and keep car insurance for teens premiums low:
Dos and Don’ts
- Multiple Quotes: Obtain quotes from several companies, since premium varies.
- Driver Training: Enroll into safe driver classes, as many insurers offer discounts for such training.
- Grades: Maintain atleast ‘B’ (3.0) or higher grade point average, since many company offer ‘good student’ discount.
- Higher Deductibles: Higher deductibles reduces premium amount.
- Commitments of following results in higher premium upon renewal
- Operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Racing on highway
- Reckless driving
- Exceeding speed limits
- Improper passing of school bus
- Leaving the scene of an accident – Personal Injury
- Impacts of Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
- Legal Fees
- Suspension of license and/or fines and Possible jail time
Therefore, online services provide a teenager and their parents an opportunity of finding the right protection at the right price despite the fact that most providers have placed youngsters in the group of high risk drivers.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Helping consumers find cheap auto insurance.